26 April 2020

Cathedral TopBar Bee Hive Progress.

Having a boat project ongoing the bees have very much been left to their own devices since December when I simply added some insulating foil and plugged spare entry points to the hive. Minimal amounts of honey were taken last year and so plenty of stores helped through a very wet period  in early spring. I was fearful of disturbing them at all for fear of seeing losses but delighted that all three colonies  survived and quickly began working immediately there was a weather window.
April 26th sees me harvesting a spring crop of honey but one of the hives troubles me in having some untidy combs that the bees seem to have started to break down.  I wonder if they are in the process of cleaning out comb which has grown excess mould in the very damp conditions earlier in the year.

































No comments: