14 October 2019

Discovering myself





A time of life for quiet reflection.
Working backwards along that timeline is a long story I have to tell, and it would be silly to bore you, dear reader, with the mundane struggle we all endure at some time.
Look through my blog posts,  and it should not be difficult to discover much of what I do so I will dig out some nuggets from the inner me.
Gone are the days of vain pretence and the coy retreat into the quieter self. There is confidence in feeling I am one of the elders.
I don't circulate much and neglect the cultivation of new friends and fail to nurture the friends I already have. Within that circle, I count myself fortunate enough to have two younger brothers.
I enjoy the music of the 20s - particularly this band Tuba Skinny.

America's music and the best  to come from there in a long time. 

I always doubted the presence of a divine spirit and despise the hypocrisy of the church, where the cloak of respectability provides cover for a multitude of child abusers.
I believe only a parent may be trusted with the care of the child and yet even they sometimes are found wanting. The exception to that rule will sadly always hold true.
The unsung heroes of this world are generally the mothers - only they hold in their hearts the gift of boundless love for the child.

Regards the mysteries beyond our planet; so much is being discovered today that there is a veritable flood of information, theories and speculative ideas from the science of space physics. All of us have access to the library of the internet and news media. Findings we can all enjoy by placing our own spin on where we are at, and how we imagine ourselves lost and found, floating round and round on a spinning globe.
I think of the cosmos as being in a state of confused regularity.  I mean the alternating destruction and regeneration of matter into its constituent parts and back again to its condensation into the elements already familiar to us.
As for the expansion of the cosmos from the so-called big bang. (In my view a fallacy). I suggest the cosmos has always been present in one form or other.
Some things are unbelievable because we lack the imagination to speculate on that which might be very real. The puzzle has a solution, and the solution is doubtless standing there in front of our eyes
Current findings suggest the universe is expanding, but different methods suggest the rate of expansion is different, according to which method of measurement is used. With eighty per cent of the matter believed to be dark matter of unknown form or whereabouts, it is of little wonder that a measure of uncertainty has crept into the calculation. Most of what we know is brought to us in the form of light and radiation. Slow light appears red, fast light appears blue.
May I postulate the notion of a universe that is swimming in a form of dark matter that is the same dark matter that coalesces to form a black hole, but dispersed throughout the cosmos in the form of a solidified gas. infinitely tiny, each unit might remain at its original density but be so small as to be undetectable except in its ability to regulate the speed of light through it. That might explain why light travels at a uniform speed.
Sound travels through the air at a speed dependant on the temperature and density of that air; or through water at a greater speed, due to the greater density of water compared to that of air.
My further postulation is, therefore, that light may seem to be travelling at a uniform speed throughout our localised galaxy but may be moving through the wider universe at a slower speed due to the more rarified density of the dark matter gasses through which that light travels. The apparent recession of the outer cosmos, away from us, could be due to that difference in the speed of light. Giving the false impression of a cosmos that is expanding and receding away from us at its outer reaches.

And that last word "reaches" is the wrong one to use because the inference is of an outer limit or extent. An all too easy mistake to make, when my notion is of an infinite cosmos with no outer limit.
Why? - Because mathematics is the language determining all that happens out there and we have all heard of the term infinity.
It's here that my imagination runs away with itself. My understanding of it is very sparce but I like it for the width of its ability to describe the simple and the complex. Here's the funny thing - it's a language that's out there to be discovered, and we only know the half of it. Conjectures abound that are yet to be proven and lots more that are untested and beyond our imagination. 




No comments: