23 May 2016

Coldplay - V - Reed Warbler

Leaves blasted off the Oak tree by last year's "event".


Deer flee from the scene.


The garden wall.



Warbler at full blast.


The Reed Warbler I listened to this morning could out sing  Ellie Goulding, Craig David and Chase & Status all day long !

All that's required is the microphone and amps to glorify this little bird that modestly flirts with competition on its doorstep.
I suppose Coldplay has to earn a crust of bread somehow, but I wish that my back garden, in the form of Powderham Estate, was not about to be blasted with a cacophony of screaming artists, at an event labelled simply: "The Big Event".
Warning road signs have blossomed at every junction and corner.
The marquees have sprung up. The stage is set.
Expect delays they say - Parking in the village disallowed - Parking at the event £35.
The noise will be loud enough to shake the pollen out of my roses and loosen my bonsai trees from their pots. The Park Deer will be deafened, the Exe Estuary calm disturbed by sound waves.
Its time to think about taking a break, and the channel crossing cannot come soon enough for the Morgan, me and Helen, to disappear from this chaos, come June.

The magical songbird.

Reed Warbler



No comments: